Phys742 : (Spring 2004)
Condensed Matter Physics II
General Information (01/17/2004)
Textbook (on reserve the library) :
- 50% --- homework (5 sets)
- 25% --- mid-term (study group presentation)
- 25% --- take-home final exam
- Ashcroft and Mermin, Solid State Physics.
- Kittel, Introduction to Solid State Physics,
- R. H. Silsbee and J. Draeger,
Simulations for Solid State Physics,
Cambridge University Press, 1997
- M. Tinkham, Introduction to superconductivity, 2nd ed.,
McGraw-Hill, New York, 1996.
- The text has a long list of references at the end of each
Rev. Mod. Phys. papers
should be particularly useful.
- I will be pointing to these and other references
in "Course Calendar"
as we go.