ASK YOUR COLLEAGUES TO
JOIN THE DIVISION OF LASER SCIENCE
The Division of Laser Science (DLS) is a subunit of the American
Physical Society (APS) specifically concerned with the use of
lasers in science, the application of lasers in technology, and
the interests of the laser community within the APS.
- Promotes laser interests within the APS and represents such
interests with other societies.
- Sponsors awards and educational program, including a Distinguished
Traveling Lecturer Program aimed at four-year institutions.
- Sponsors the Interdisciplinary Laser Science (ILS) Conference
and co-sponsors the Quantum Electronics and Laser Science (QELS)
Benefits of Membership
- Summer research fellowships for undergraduate students sponsored
by DLS members.
- Travel grants to the ILS and QELS meetings for graduate students
who are sponsored by DLS members.
- The DLS Newsletter, a valuable source of information related
to your profession including advanced meeting information.
- A route to APS Fellowship.
- Influence of the Laser Science actions in APS.
- Increased interactions with your colleagues in Laser Science
How to Join
If you are already an APS member, check the DLS line on your APS
renewal form and include the additional $6 with your dues. Or use the web at
If you have already renewed your APS membership for the year
beginning 1 July 1997, or if you are not an APS member,
call the APS Membership Department at (301) 209-3280 or look up
the membership information on the APS Home Page at
(select ASCII Text or HTML format).